Tuesday, April 28, 2009

DQS6 Sent to the U S of A

My Doll Quilt Swap 6 is in the post, a little late so I hope it gets to my swap partner on time - 3-10 working days according to the post office.

And here it is.

quilting,Swap,DQS6

quilting,swap,DQS6

I was really pleased with it, I found a couple of frog blocks online and designed the centre block based on them, it's the first serious piecing I've done and I enjoyed it, it wasn't as scary as I thought (I usually do applique or just squares...). And I love the brightness of it. It's going to someone who has boys so I hope that they will find it appropriate. I thought the Save our Planet fabric fitted nicely as it seemed a green and environmental kind of theme.

5 comments:

Kirsty said...

Can't wait to see what you do for the wallhanging swap now, that is amazing well done

Bec Clarke said...

That is a fantastic quilt, did you do the quilting yourself. It's a lovely job all round, your swap person should be happy to get it.
Bec

Car said...

WOW - I love it and as I'm a little partial to the little green tree from (or big ones as we have here) I think it's awesome!

Emma said...

Great quilt! You can't go wrong with a frog!

Cylie said...

Great job - love the backing.