Monday, April 20, 2009

Skirt and Shirt Market

On Sunday we went over to Abbotsford Convent to check out the markets there and make the most of the day to make a trip to the Collingwood Children's Farm while we were there.

Lucky for me Beth slept in the car for an hour after we arrived to I got to scope out the markets on my own - hurray - much more conducive to a bit of shopping.

There were two markets on, the Makers Market and the Skirt and Shirt Market. They are both regular markets held on the 3rd Sunday of each month and both worth checking out. Lots of clothes (women's and childrens apart from a few mens t-shirts), jewellery, accessories, toys and many more crafty delights.

I bought this cute dress for Beth from Retrobub, haven't managed to try it on her yet but I know it will be just perfect.

Photobucket
And I bought this skirt for me from Sancana and I love it. I have promised to wear it, get into wearing skirts and go back wearing it next month ;) Don't you love small businesses who actually care what happens to their goods. I know it's a terrible photo, it was the best I could get out of Sam who was determinedly watching nothing on TV... The jacket I bought as well, from Saffron it's a gift for my mum but I thought I would try it on for the photo.

Photobucket

Afterwards we went to the farm and saw lots of animals, and had a very nice brunch.

1 comment:

Kate said...

They were great finds - love that little dress.