Friday, September 05, 2008

Here's one I made earlier

I bought a cheap ironing board a year ago, and although I don't iron very often the foam is so thin that every time I did I was getting the wire from the bottom of the board sticking through and making criss cross patterns in whatever I was ironing (and since I only iron when I'm sewing I really don't want that). That and the fact that the old cover is covered in the sticky remains of fusible webbing... oops...

So I made a new cover - two layers of thin cotton wadding, and a half yard of some funky fabric from Anna Maria Horner's Drawing Room range with some elastic to hold it in place.

Photobucket

It only took half an hour and I was pleased with the result, and now my ironing has lovely sharp creases and is nice and smooth. Not sure it's going to convince me to take up ironing seriously though...

1 comment:

PinkLizzy said...

Wow! that fabric looks amazing as an ironing board cover. I nearly bought it yesterday but I couldn't "see" how it would look. Thanks for the inspiration.